Physiotherapists are highly skilled university educated health professionals who provide safe, quality, evidence based and client-centred treatment.
Physiotherapists utilize hands-on assessment procedures to develop diagnoses and client-specific interventions. Physiotherapists analyze the impact of injury, disease, disorders, and/or lifestyle on movement and function. We are dedicated to improving quality of life by promoting optimal mobility, independence, physical activity and overall health and wellness.
Physiotherapists treat a wide range of conditions, which include but are not limited to:
- Acute sports injuries and overuse injuries. (i.e. sprains, strains, tennis elbow, rotator cuff tendonitis, etc.)
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Chronic pain conditions
- Motor vehicle injuries
- Vestibular disorders (balance and dizziness)
- Arthritis management
- Neck and low back pain
- Headaches and TMJ
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s, MS, and stroke.
Physiotherapy treatments include but are not limited to:
- Education, consultation, health promotion and prevention services
- Personalized exercises to improve strength, range of motion, and function
- Manual therapy techniques: soft tissue release techniques, spinal and peripheral joint mobilization, and manipulation
- Modalities such as Bioflex laser, interferential current/TENS, heat/ice, Ultrasound, sports taping and Acupuncture
- Return to work planning
- Prescription and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment (i.e. canes, crutches, walkers, and bracing)
**Unfortunately Annapolis Valley Wellness Centre does not accepting WCB claims**